Dan Nickel, Msc
Dan is The Watershed Company’s vice president and an environmental engineer with almost two decades of experience in shoreline design and environmental policy and regulatory development. Having led more than 250 shoreline restoration projects across Washington State, Dan uses his regulatory knowledge and understanding of Washington’s Growth Management Act (GMA) and Shoreline Management Act (SMA) to help public and private clients navigate an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. He leads Watershed’s planning department and works with the firm’s landscape architecture department on shoreline design projects.
Outside of Watershed
Dan keeps active year-round with a variety of athletic pursuits, and, come summer, can be spotted hiking to high alpine lakes with a fly rod in hand.
- MS, Environmental Science, University of Washington, 2000
- BS, Biology, Pacific Lutheran University, 1993
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL) Certification, 2008
- U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Certification Training, 2001
- Northwest Environmental Training Center ArcView and Environmental Applications of GIS, 2002
- Washington Department of Ecology Ordinary High Water Mark Training, 2003