The Watershed Company, a regional leader in science-based planning and design for environmental restoration, is seeking experienced candidates within the fields of environmental permitting and planning. Successful candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team of accomplished scientists, planners, engineers, arborists, and landscape architects in a growing 33-year-old employee-owned company based in Kirkland, Washington.
Duties and Expectations
- Preparation of environmental permits and documentation, including USACE 404, HPA, shoreline, 401 WQ Cert, local area permits, SEPA/NEPA, and preparation of Environmental Impact Statements
- Assist with development of environmental policy that protects natural resources in concert with the interests of people and communities to create sustainable solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (testing may be required)
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Interacting and communicating with clients, regulators, and staff at all levels
- Ability to juggle competing demands and identify critical path
- Conduct field work (occasional) in locations across the Pacific Northwest
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- 1-3 years of experience performing above duties
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, environmental science, or a related field
- Experience with local, state, and federal permitting
- Experience with both marine and freshwater projects throughout Puget Sound
- Ability to work cooperatively on multidisciplinary projects
- Experience in oral presentations
Send cover letter and resume to Jobs@watershedco.com. Please include the word “Planner” in the subject line.
Salary depends on experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical/dental insurance, continuing education, performance bonuses, retirement program with future matched payments and opportunities for ownership.
The Watershed Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Watershed Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.